Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Hurts So Good...

Hello to all on this vibrant day ~

The herx thing is definately happening. I have been experiencing more pain than usual, lasting for a few hours after taking the Salt/C combo. My neck, shoulders, collarbone, inner elbows, hips, "sit bones", inner knees..... yikes! My vision has been blurry. And yet... I am HAPPY about it, for it's a part of my healing and transformation.

I actually feel very blessed, as my journey with lyme has been easier than most, from what I've heard. There may be other reasons as well, but I feel much of that is because I work every day with reiki and various healing frequencies, I regularly have acupuncture, am learning Qigong, and I am just an extremely positive person, which is the most important thing. That being said, it's hard to feel upbeat when you are in deep pain, and so I really feel for folks that are flat on their backs in agony that makes their very bones ache. I've experienced some of that and it's just horrible. Things really shifted for me, pain-wise, when I allowed myself to accept what was truly happening to my body, and take my healing into my own hands. It was very empowering. I own my own healing decisions and learnings, and am blessed to have the support of many folks along the way who can help. I am also very happy and pleased to be of support and help to others.

One decision I made along the way was not to take pharmaceuticals, including antibiotics and pain meds. I do take aspirin most days, once and sometimes twice, to help take the edge off. That's my own personal choice. For some, more serious pain meds may be the way to go to get through it. We do what we need to do.

Once I got over the initial shock last spring of being so sore I could hardly move, I experienced several months of serious agony, interlaced with some anger and depression. Let's be honest, it was really about fear. It was scary to feel like my body had suddenly rebelled against me. When I was younger I learned to process through anger issues I had (generally people/relationship issues, or political frustration), but the ones I've experienced this past year have been related to being extremely sore and not being able to control it (many four-letter words escaped my lips during this interesting time). This is how it felt until I did my reading and research and figured out what I needed to do to get well. And in my moments when the pain eased off and I could relax and think a bit, I would tune into a higher consciousness that helped me understand there is a reason for everything, and that this experience and this learning are a part of my growth and unfolding as a spiritual being in a human body. I embrace a deeper understanding that uplifts me, and a knowing that all is unfolding as it should. My job is to let it unfold and be open to processing what comes up, inquiring within about what is needed for my healing and transformation, and surrendering to the process with love rather than fear. That doesn't mean I won't ever again get really pissed about it along the way, or feel a sadness about it in my heart.... that's part of the human experience.

And so it is, aho...... beautiful blessings to all... more tomorrow,

Sukie

No comments:

Post a Comment