Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The "C" Word

Hellooooo...........

Just thought I'd take a few moments to check in and say hi. It's a very lazy day of rest that I am really seriously needing! Erick has been in a play the past three weeks, and in two months of intensive rehearsals before that, which has kept me up really late many nights, as we love to de-brief and share the events of the day with each other, no matter how late it is. I think my body is very ready to get back to bedtime by 11 pm. I read something recently that said that when one is working to strengthen one's immune system, the body is in need of 9 1/2 hours of sleep, in total darkness, per night. Well I've been falling WAY short of that lately, and I can really feel it. Slept for several hours last night, though, following the close of the AWESOME play, and have had a couple of lovely naps today, including one out on the deck.

So this is the deal.... as I enter week four, I can literally "feel" that the Salt/C protocol is starting to have some effects. It's hard to describe what that feels like exactly, except to say I can feel it in my bones and my bloodstream, amongst other places. In addition to the type of herx reactions that I'm used to, I have also been having chills for a couple of days, which is another sign of herxing. My vision has been blurrier than usual, which means that the bacteria in my eye area is gettings its feathers ruffled. That's ultimately a very good thing.

For me, then, the "C" word is "Vitamin C." I love and appreciate what it's doing for me, together with the sea salt. I can feel that we are making some progress here, even though sometimes the progress feels like one or two steps back. If I didn't have the stories of other folks who've been through this to reference, I would probably have stopped the protocol by now, but I know that I must hang tough with it, as eventually it will rev up the immune and also make it impossible for undesirable bacteria to thrive in my body any longer. And of course I have to do my part, which is not only the Salt/C, but the healthy eating, the sauna, the resting, the sleeping (the latter two I have slacked off on a bit the past couple of weeks, but I am re-grouping...).

The other "C" word I want to mention is cancer, simply because in all the research I have done on how to heal the immune system, there are many articles and protocols that speak to healing from cancer. I don't know about you, but I've had several people in my life who have had it who did not survive (some have been friends and family, some have been colleagues and clients), and as I write this, a dear friend in California, and a powerful healer in her own right, is working hard to clear cancer from her system. I am also working weekly with a very dear gentleman who is undergoing chemo for the second time. It totally depletes his energy. He comes in for Reiki, and afterwards he is feeling revived and re-vitalized, ready to move forward again for a few days until he has to back in for his next chemo treatment. I have found that Reiki has eased the pain of many with cancer, some of whom have lived to thrive, and some who have passed over into the next world. Even for those who don't make it, the energy work not only eases the pain, but also promotes their ability to accept what is happening and make peace with it.

In case you may not have noticed, I have a bit of a bias about working with more natural and eastern healing modalities (and healers), as opposed to western medicine. So that is the type of information I share most here in the blog.

I do believe western medicine has a definite place and that there are times when surgeries are needed, and possibly even interventions like chemo and radiation. When I was younger and had a couple of ectopic pregnancies, I probably wouldn't have survived without surgery. And when my daughter was breech, the C-section seemed like the way to go at the time (although if I'd had a midwife I might have tried other options first). And yet, when doctors were adamant about wanting to remove my gallbladder, I chose to make a lifestyle change... and my gallbladder has never bothered me again. Surgery was definately not necessary that time.

Whatever works best for a person in any given situation and helps them to feel like they are receiving the support they need is, I feel, for the best. I respect those brave souls who choose to sometimes go against conventional "wisdom" and follow a course that they feel will best support them holistically.

At any rate, I want to share a link here that has a really interesting (and rather lengthy) article about alternative ways to heal from cancer. I found it fascinating, and most of what they recommend makes good sense to me. So I share it here in case any of you may be interested, or may perhaps have loved ones who may benefit from the information. Obviously, I'm not in a position to give medical advice - I'm just sharing info that will possibly be of use to those who are walking such a difficult journey as cancer. The website is: www.cancerfightingstrategies.com.

It is interesting the journeys we choose for ourselves, on some level. While I would never have consciously chosen lyme disease, I also am able to see how I am learning and growing from this experience, and how it mirrors what is happening in the world today as she re-births herself, creating lots of energetic shifts that some may perceive as negative but, as I choose to look at it, need to happen for the planet to be purified and able to evolve. Whenever I do healing work with someone, I always ask that the outcome be for that person's highest good, regardless of what that may look like. It may not always be what I would personally want to choose for that person, but it may ultimately be for their soul's growth, and I have learned to accept that. I believe we are so much more than our egos and our earthly forms. And I believe that there is a higher purpose for everything. I love the words from The Desiderata: "Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." That doesn't mean I always like the way it unfolds, but I do have a sense in my heart of hearts that there is a reason behind it all.

What matters to me is this very moment, right now. I don't dwell on the past, and I try not to over-plan the future (although it's always good to have some things to look forward to - like our Sedona trip in June! :-). I think if we can strive to live a balanced, respectful, and centered life - as well as a grateful life - with intentions driven by integrity, that is the very best thing we can do for ourselves, our communities, and our planet. That's how we heal the world and evolve ourselves and life. Of course that includes reaching out with a helping hand where needed. We all need each other, and what a beautiful blessing to have loved ones to help us when we need it, and vice versa. The bottom line is: life will always go on, regardless of the forms it takes, and that is quite the magical mystery tour!

In peace,

Sukie

No comments:

Post a Comment