Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Climbing the Mountain....

Hello All ~

Thanks to those of you who have told me you enjoy the blog. :-)

Today has been BIG. I took a second dose of Salt/Vitamin C at a 4.5 hour interval today (intervals yesterday were closer to 8 hours apart), and my body went into a pretty strong herx reaction. Painful, yes..... but actually really welcome today in the sense that my body is showing me that the salt/C protocol is going to work on killing the cooties. So that is the GOOD news. As I am testing the waters and working my way up slowly, I will now back off and take the next dose 6 or 7 hours away from the last one and see if I can have a smaller herx reaction that isn't as painful.

This is the journey up the mountain. It will take a year or two, maybe more, to reach the summit, but once I do, I will start down the other side. In other words, it takes a long time to herx the majority of the bacteria out of one's system, but once we reach critical mass, then the reactions will become less intense and I should hopefully start feeling so much better. This means the immune system will become more and more strong, and the bacteria will clear out of all those deep places they've been hiding, and eventually we reach some kind of harmony between the bacteria that remain, and the immune system being able to stay on top of it. As I mentioned before, the goal isn't necessarily to wipe out every last bit of bacteria. Our bodies normally have all kinds of bacteria within, both "good" and "bad". It's unrealistic to try to annihilate the "bad" ones.... we just want them to resume a harmonious relationship with the rest of the system.....

That's all for today... just did a wonderful sauna followed by a long nap, and now off to a healthy supper and to watch a couple of DVDs with Erick.

Have a lovely Easter! What a wonderful time of year to celebrate the return of color, light and precious life!

Sukie

No comments:

Post a Comment