Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

More Earthing...!

Hello once again, dear readers....

I have spent the last couple of days reading the book on Earthing, by Clint Ober, MD, that I mentioned in my last post. I must say that I feel more enthusiastic about this book and the work the authors have done, than I've felt about anything else I've read in a long time. It is stunning in its practices and implications, and easy for anyone to do. While we can all go outside and "earth" ourselves (and we should all be doing that), Erick and I are also really interested in the earthing sheets that can be purchased for the bed (we've ordered one). People who sleep grounded all night report dramatic reductions, if not complete disappearances, of pain, as well as deeper, more restful sleep. Ultimately, what I've learned from reading the book is that the more we can be "earthed" - grounded - connected to the planet - whatever you want to call it - receiving the electrons that naturally keep living things healthy unless we disconnect ourselves from them - the healthier we will be overall, and the better we will feel. There are numerous success stories in the book from people with all types of ailments, including fibromyalgia and immune-related conditions (bingo), heart troubles, MS, arthritis, etc. And lots of thumbs-up stories from women who say that sleeping grounded has dramatically reduced PMS and menopausal symptoms.

Fascinating stuff. This is that one book that I'd give a copy of to everyone I know for Christmas, if I had that kind of money. I'd buy 500 copies! Please consider reading it and putting the principles and processes into practice. I will be reporting out soon on how Erick and I are faring with the grounded bed sheet, and I have started spending more time outside on the earth barefooted, which does feel really GREAT! I probably won't be able to give you feedback on the bedsheet for a few weeks, since it will probably arrive next week while I'm in California for a few days, which means I won't be able to start using it until after the 24th of this month.

Another thing I'm jazzed about is doing Reiki with people who are earth-grounded. If I like the bed sheet, I will purchase a smaller earthing pad for my Reiki table. I'm also doing more work with people sitting in chairs with their feet on the ground. Going to start collecting some anecdotal evidence about that. Receiving both earth and cosmic energies at the same time has got to be a great experience for the person on the receiving end, and I surmise, a case where they catalyze each other for greater effect. I'm looking forward to sharing the book, case histories and research with both of my women's groups, particularly the one for women with chronic pain. If they can find something to relieve their suffering, there will be a loud shout heard around the world, I guarantee it....

www.earthinginstitute.net. www.earthinginstitute.net.

Hey Llynya, have you read this yet? Maybe order a few copies for the shop??

So that's the scoop on all that. Otherwise feeling pretty good. I took a 2 mile walk yesterday that felt spectacular, followed by 30 minutes of meditation (barefoot) up in the Sacred Circle. Everything feels pretty great today except my right knee which is not too happy at the moment. It's been really shouting at me lately.

Off to do more Reiki with a couple of friends today.... wishing you a blessed, beautiful week - "see" you again soon,

Sukie

No comments:

Post a Comment