Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Feelin' fine...

Greetings to all ~

Just got back from a refreshing retreat in the Russian River area, and it was quite rejuvenating. My body cooperated pretty well during the five days there, probably because I was able to stick to my eating and my Salt/C regimens pretty well. I did allow myself one delicious sandwich on focaccia bread with mozzarella, and a couple of bites of chocolate, but otherwise was focused (and made a few converts to my breakfast treat of gluten-free pancakes with a small drizzle of agave). Such beauty in the wine country, and also got to one of my very favorite spots in the world - Jenner - where the Russian River meets the sea. Exhilarating. Also got to spend quality time with dear friends and family, which was the best part of all.

I did take my Earthing sheet along and slept on it every night; I'm sure that also helped tremendously. I find my sleep to be deeper and more restful since starting to use it, and I awake with a clear head, ready to go. My body aches and pains have also eased up a bit, and I appreciate that. I now also have an Earthing sheet on my Reiki table, so from now on my clients will receive the best of both energy-worlds when they come for healing and rejuvenation. A sweet combination of energies from both heaven and earth.

It's hard to believe I've only been on the Salt/C protocol for five months. Seems like longer than that. I certainly can see positive change since beginning it.... my body aches and pains just continue to improve (with the occasional setbacks from herxing or eating something my body doesn't like), and I have been slowly regaining my stamina, as well. Since I'm a traditionally high-energy, zippy person, I really appreciate the days that I feel that way again, more and more. And yet I have to remind myself to rest. Rest and reflect and just "be." More consciousness; more awareness; more mindfulness; more gratitude; more nurturance of spirit.

If you're ever in Freestone, CA, you may want to experience the Osmosis Spa. Patti and I went there one day and began the adventure with an enzyme bath where we were completely submerged up to our necks in a deep pit of cedar shavings and rice bran, inflused with special enzymes from Japan. It naturally ferments and creates heat, so one is able to deeply relax while the process works to relax and purify. Followed by a massage, it's a pretty amazing experience.

Oh, and if you're interested in the gluten-free pancakes, the brand I use is Pamela's. I cook them in coconut oil and they are delish!

That's all for now - catch you again very soon,

Sukie

No comments:

Post a Comment