Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tick tock...

Hello again....

I've talked with a few folks lately, as well as read in a couple of books about how prevalent ticks that carry lyme bacteria are back east. Even though all 50 states have reported cases of lyme disease, it is running rampant back in New England and the east, and into the south. Someone from New Hampshire recently told me that she couldn't walk across her front lawn without finding at least one tick on her foot. Up to 80 percent of some tick varieties carry the borrelia bacteria (as well as numerous other bacteria known as "co-infections"). I've seen a few articles that posit that the changing climate of the planet, which of course affects the delicate balance of nature, is causing rampant tick proliferation.

At any rate, this is something to think about. Things we take for granted, such as walking barefoot across our own front lawn, may become a thing of the past if we aren't able to assist the Earth in rebalancing herself. That's why I feel it's so important to take the "eagle's view". How are our collective actions affecting the interconnectedness of life? Clearly, we are going to have to find new ways of doing business in our world if we are to survive as a species. I'll stop right there rather than launching into a political discourse. I think "new ways of doing business" means different things to different people, and if we all share an intention of rising above the status quo to embrace life-affirming, healthy business and political practices, we can come together individually and collectively to transcend business and politics as usual. I strive to take the high road in my thinking wherever possible, and have been accused more than once in my life of wearing rose-colored glasses. That's okay with me, because I'd rather live in joy and health as much as possible, rather than in fear and hopelessness. While we all despair at times, it's important that we continue to hope and dream, and to live in ways that we can feel good about in our hearts and our souls. Everything matters, every good intention carries with it an energy for positive change and healthy relationships. Times are hard right now on planet Earth.... yet I envision that change is possible and even probable if we follow our conscience and our highest wisdom.

Just a little thinking out loud.... As for my journey with lyme disease, I am coming down off a week of serious herxing and feeling pretty good again. I'm still losing a lot of hair, which I think is a side effect of the Salt/C protocol. However, I feel so much better, that a little hair loss will not deter me...! Hopefully it won't come to the point where I have to purchase a bad wig! ;-)

Have a lovely week & will check in with you again soon,

Sukie

No comments:

Post a Comment