Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Herx so good...

Good morning....!

A little bit "herxy" today.... maybe more than a little. A few days ago I went up on my dosage of salt/C just a bit and that kicked me into herx mode. Then two days ago I did a trade with Lynne Donnelly, who is an awesome craniosacral and EFT practitioner here on the island. She told me I'd be a little sore after our session, and that is true! So I'd say I'm "herxy plus" today, but all in all still feeling pretty good. That probably sounds like an oxymoron, but I have to say that herxes are generally not nearly as painful as they used to be. And they ease up more quickly now when I put some energy into mitigating them through the use of supplements like chlorella and chitosan.

Lynne told me about a supplement that can help with herxes, which I'd never heard of before: teasel root. I found a little info about it that I'm posting below, for those who may be interested. Like anything else, work with your healthcare practitioner when choosing your supplements. I plan to give teasel root a try. For those of you with fibromyalgia, this herb could also prove to be useful for you.

See the article excerpt below.... and have a fabulous day!

Sukie

Lyme Disease: Beyond Antibiotics/The Teasel Root Connection (excerpt)
by Chris Bashaw, RN & CMH Senior Herbalist

A natural treatment (along with antibiotics or other protocols) for lyme disease which can be safely used is Teasel Root. Teasel is a common name for some members of the Dipsacaceae, a family of chiefly Old World herbs found mostly in the Mediterranean and Balkan areas but can range from India and to South Africa.

The potential of using Teasel Root as a magnificent partner for individuals with chronic Lyme disease, which is further, outlined in Matthew Wood’s book, “The Book of Herbal Wisdom”. Wood writes, “After entering the body through a tick bite, the spirochetes burrow into the muscles where they settle down to live. Here they produce chronic inflammation and pain, with destruction of muscles and joints.

When combined with prescribed antibiotics to treat the secondary infections, and St. John’s Wort to heal the actual nerve damage produced by the infection, Teasel Root’s anti-inflammatory effects work on the spirochete’s damaging consequences arresting the dis-ease process. (It is important to note that Teasel has also been successful in the treating of Fibromyalgia, as well).
Remember, for each Lyme disease diagnosis there will be an equal number of unique results, so before starting a regime of Teasel Root consult a qualified herbal practitioner for an individualized appropriate, and most of all successful treatment.
----------------------
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease. Customers are reminded that it is entirely of their own accord, right and responsibility to make educated choices with their own, and their family's, healthcare. Always consult a physician prior to the use of any herbal product or service.

No comments:

Post a Comment