Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Disney or "real life"?

Greetings ~

Just woke up and watched the "movie" outside my bedroom window for a little while... deer grazing, bunnies hopping about, birds of all shapes and sizes twittering in the trees, squirrels and chipmunks scampering around. I live in a Disney movie!!! How awesome is that?? There is also a handsome prince involved, and wonderful adventures. I guess that makes me the princess..... and in Disney movies the princess always has some type of issue. Wonder if they'll ever make a movie where the princess has lyme disease?? Mmmmm, probably not. The good news is that the princesses usually eventually get blessed with what they want; they just have to pass some personal challenges and hang in there. Yes, this is sounding familiar!

Anyway, this past few days I have been experiencing a fair amount of fatigue. The aches and pains have been very manageable, but I've been pretty tired and drowsy and taking naps. I love to take naps, so that's not a problem. What I'm noticing though is that I'm not waking up feeling refreshed, which is another characteristic of lyme. That's one of the questions the doctors always ask: is your sleep refreshing? Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. All my life I've been a morning person and bounced out of bed bright and early with the energy of a hurricane. I'm still a morning person, but usually now I wake up slowly, stretch out my sore muscles (especially my knees and hips), sometimes doze off again a time or two, and then coax myself into verticality (I realize that's not a word, but you know what I mean). My brain starts to kick in a little and we eventually shift into drive.

So that's what I am realizing right now.... with my body feeling better I'm starting to notice more about the underlying fatigue. It comes and goes. Some days I have my old energy and I zip around like a tornado. When I was working full-time I was one of the craziest multi-taskers you've ever seen. I made a conscious decision a couple of years ago to break myself of that, and I've done fairly well. I still always have my proverbial list of things to do - I am a listmaker and planner, for sure - but I pace myself and don't expect to accomplish all those things in one day. I try to make time to just "be", and to meditate, sleep in the sun, read or do art.

Bottom line: Life's grand and I am joyful. I'm blessed with a life of meaning and magic. As much as we'd all like that Disney fairy-tale ending, life is a journey, and that's the beauty of it. Nothing is always "perfect." But it is beautiful in its imperfection and diversity. I am so grateful for the amazement of life, and as frustrating and maddening as this chaotic world can be, I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Today's mantra comes from Dr. Emoto, who has done all those amazing studies with water. This is for the waters affected by the oil spill, which affects all of life:

"To the oceans, waterways, and all sea animals and sea life. I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me." We are all in this together, and to transform our planet we must take responsibility, collectively, for our actions, so that we can transform ourselves. By setting our intentions this way, we truly love ourselves and all of the life that we are a part of.

Much love & many blessings to you,

Sukie

No comments:

Post a Comment