Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A meditation on pain ...

Greetings ~

Hooray, I am feeling pretty well again, thankfully! My body chemistry was a bit out of whack there for a few days, I could tell. Once I started ramping back up on the salt I started getting bladder infection symptoms. Since I had previously tested sensitive to cranberries (unsweetened cranberry juice being my preferred treatment for the bladder, historically), I purchased some Uva Ursi, and it dealt with the infection in a couple of days. A new, wonderful herb for the "medicine" chest!

One of my favorite books is Kahlil Gibran's, The Prophet. In re-visiting it recently I came across his passage on "pain", and reconnected with the profound and simple truth of this wisdom. This pretty well sums up how I feel about the pain that we experience in life, whether physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, or all of the above....

Perhaps this will speak to your soul, as well,

Sukie

On Pain
Kahlil Gibran

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.

And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy;

And you would accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.

And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.


Much of your pain is self-chosen.

It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.

Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility:

For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided by the tender hand of the Unseen,

And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears.


Aho ~ and so it is! Many blessings to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment