Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

And there they are....

Hello....

Just a short check-in. I went in to see my naturopath the other day for a functional blood analysis (my fourth in the past year). My blood cells look healthier these days, so much better than when we started. For awhile the borders were kind of "puckery" looking (is that a word?), and now most of them are beautifully round, although a few still shaped like balloons. And lots of inflammation still showing (it looks like cottage cheese splattered all over a field of red); however, it seems to be somewhat less.

Whenever she does this test, she also lets some of the blood incubate for a period of time and then scans for the Borrelia bacteria, which is the primary critter causing Lyme disease. To date, she has never found Borrelia... until now. After two days of incubation the spirochetes were visible under the microscope.

So even though I've tested positive for Lyme through the Western blot, it's strangely validating to also finally be able to "see" the bacteria, as it's so notorious for hiding throughout the body. Some people never receive a visual confirmation of Borrelia, even though they've tested positive for Lyme and have all the symptoms. These bacteria are very smart and they tend to stay in hiding except during certain phases of their life cycle when they are proliferating. So it's an interesting little game to try and catch them under the microscope.

I still have hives, although I think I am finally feeling slightly better today; I think the worst of it may be over (knock on wood!!). I drank only water for two days and took Quercitin, as recommended by Dr. R. I had a couple of handfulls of spinach along the way, that's it. Hives can last for a day, or they can last for weeks and even months. So I am truly hoping these wretched little itchy welts are on the way out....

That's it for now. Going to go enjoy the beautiful sunshine,

Sukie

No comments:

Post a Comment