Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Supplementally speaking...

Greetings to all ~

I have been feeling really well overall and out enjoying the gorgeous weather a lot, so it has been a few days since I've written anything. I continue to feel better, both physically and energetically. Of course, these are very much "baby steps" so far.... I do have my herxes and just plain crappy moments, too....

I wanted to mention a few of the supplements that I'm using along with the Salt/C protocol. Obviously, everyone has their own healing path and we all have different things that we need. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa. I just want to mention a few things that I have found to be useful.

The first one is systemic enzyme supplementation. This is a different protocol than taking digestive enzymes with food. These are taken away from food and allowed to flood the system. They clean the blood and the cells of the body. There are many toxins that systemic enzymes are able to break down and eliminate. One of these is the Lyme disease neurotoxin. Reducing the quantity of circulating neurotoxins can have significant healing and symptom-reducing value. Persons using blood thinners shouldn't take systemic enzymes, since they are so effective in cleansing the blood that the blood can become dangerously thin.

For those of you with fibromyalgia, one of my favorite books, The Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments by Bryan Rosner, has much info that may also be applicable to fibromyalgia. For more info about how systemic enzymes may possibly help fibromyalgia, take a look at this book, page 240.

Magnesium is another important nutrient to consider supplementing with if you have lyme disease. There is evidence that "in certain diseases, magnesium deficiency can cause a decrease in immune response..." and this includes lyme (see page 287 of the afore-mentioned book). There are many forms of magnesium, including MSM and Epsom salts. My favorite is a powder called "Calm" from a company called Natural Vitality. It comes in several flavors (sweetened with stevia), and the lemon raspberry one also has added calcium. It is so important to balance calcium and magnesium levels as the two effect one another in the system.

These are a couple of supplements that seem to be important for many lyme sufferers and, possibly, those with other immune disorders. I take other supplements, too, many of which I have already blogged about. I think the key to all of this is finding a naturopath or allopathic doctor or health practitioner that you really trust that is willing to listen and take your own intentions and intuitions about your health into consideration, and make recommendations accordingly. As I've mentioned previously, my healing journey took a brighter turn when I finally realized I needed to take responsibility for my own health and began to study up on everything I could find.

I'm SO not out of the woods, yet, and I may find that the Salt/C protocol - or other protocols - may not be the ultimate answer for me. I am feeling truly blessed right now to be feeling as well as I am, and I am envisioning an uphill trend, even though I know that every few weeks I can expect some massive herxes. Time will truly tell whether or not the lyme bacteria are really reduced, and my immune system strengthened, to the point that a balance is gained and my symptoms go into remission. We are far from that point yet..... my knees still don't want to bend, my shoulders are out of whack, and my sit bones really hurt much of the time. My vision goes from blurry to blurrier and back again. And sometimes I just hurt all over, and haven't much energy to do much more than sleep. And yet something just feels different........ something very intangible.

Thanks for joining me on this adventure of discovery. And have a beautiful weekend including a fantastic Mom's Day! All of you moms out there ROCK!

Sukie

No comments:

Post a Comment