Welcome to my first.... and who knows.... possibly only blog. I feel it's important to share this journey I'm on right now.... having been recently diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and seeking true healing. It is appalling how many people take years to get a diagnosis, and spend their life savings in the process of reclaiming their health, once they finally figure out how to do it. This information shouldn't be a secret, and doctors should be trained. Thank God for my naturopath! She gets it..... and my own research..... now I get it, too....

Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Interesting times...

There is nothing like a beautiful, sunny day to put a smile on your face. We're having a gorgeous week and I hope you are, too. I've gotta squeeze in some serious deck-time today in my lounger.... as well as a walk along the waterfront.

So... those couple of days after Mother's Day were rough, but by Wednesday I had bounced back to "normal" - whatever that really means right now. I was back to a "3" on the pain scale as opposed to a "9". What I'm really noticing is how much more resilient my body seems since I started the Salt/C protocol. I'm on my 7th week now, and I feel better overall, and when I do have a rough spot, I bounce back much more quickly. I'm been at my max dosage for a couple of weeks now - taking 10-12 salt capsules and C capsules each day (three each, four times per day). People ask me all the time if I feel bloated from the salt. The answer is NO. Using sea salt in its un-iodized, natural form doesn't seem to cause water retention for most folks. I do feel a little water-logged sometimes because when taking that much salt you do need to drink a lot of water. I drink about 16 ounces of water with each dose, and then 20-30 minutes later I drink another glass or two. And I drink water in between times, too. So right after taking the salt/C I feel full, which is a different feeling from being bloated. I still have the tiny little red dots appearing in various spots on my body, which I haven't figured out yet. They don't hurt or bother me in any way; I'll ask my doctor about them when I see her on the 27th.

I've been engaging in conversations lately with a wide variety of folks about the illnesses going on all around us. It seems like we all know several people with cancer, arthritis, or some type of immune-related disorder like fibromyalgia, lupus, lyme, MS, chronic fatigue, Epstein-Barre, etc. What I'm hearing is that most people think, as I do, that we have been way over-exposed to toxic chemicals, heavy metals, electromagnetic fields, pollution of all types, etc. for so many years now that it's becoming glaringly obvious that something is really wrong. I think most of us have known that in our hearts for a long time. It's not normal for so many people to be "sick". And we're talking about folks in their 30's, 40's and 50's, not just seniors.

A doctor I know who has cancer was recently sharing with me that when he was a youth he lived on an apple farm. When DDT came out, they started spraying their orchards with it. "We didn't know of the dangers then," he said, "We didn't wear masks or gloves or anything. Just sprayed in on the trees. Imagine how much of that stuff I breathed in and absorbed through my skin."

Last night I was speaking with a wise young man who said, "We are at the end of a 50-year experiment. It's been about 50 years since all the chemicals and pollutants came into play in a big way." His reasoning is that all we need to do is "turn the clock back" to the way things were 50 years ago. He spoke of the renaissance in consciousness that is happening on the planet; the awareness levels of people rising to meet the challenges and looking for healthier ways of life, creating win-win situations for all and respecting all of life.

I loved hearing him speak about this, for it is what I also feel. It's clear there are solutions out there. And while there are other types of things that can also be factored in to illness and disease, I think it's very clear that we have created a toxic world. Erick was talking about the recent BP oil spill possibly being the worst toxic disaster in history, to date. Things seem to really be coming to a head.... we're at a "make it or break it" point. We are either going to have a shift in consciousness that will allow us to clean up our act, or we will continue to suffer the consequences. That shift isn't coming easily.... mainly due, I believe, to our greed-and-power economy. Our large corporations won't go down without a fight, and they sure don't want their vast income streams to dry up. I could go on and on about this, but I'll stop here. I think the imbalances on the planet can tip us in either direction. I do believe we have the capability to stop it, but it will take a pretty radical change in thinking and action for those who are a part of the greed mentality. I actually find it rather fascinating to watch from a distance... whoever said "May you live in interesting times" must have been giving us a heads-up..... it doesn't get much more "interesting" than this.

If you haven't already, I hope you look into the whole issue of EMFs - electromagnetic fields. When I was first experiencing the seriousness of the lyme symptoms, I was very weak and worn-out. I was VERY sensitive to EMFs as well as all kinds of chemicals (car exhaust, household cleaners, etc.). I still am, although they don't bother me nearly as much (and of course I stay away from them). Many people are sensitive to EMFs and don't realize what the problem is. There is a lot of well-documented info out there about the dangers of cell phones, as well the EMFs in our houses and work environments. Many people don't want to hear about this, because they don't want to make changes in their lifestyles. I nearly drove Ariana crazy for a few years with all the info I gave her about cell phones. Her generation lives to talk on the phone and text message. She finally did get a phone with a headset. I'm not sure if it's the kind of headset that is safe or not, but I'm happy that she now recognizes the problem and is striving to create a safer environment for herself.

There are devices out there that measure the EMFs in homes and workspaces. I was shocked to find out that when I was Director of a local non-profit a year ago, my office was absolutely over-the-top in EMFs. We took some steps to help resolve it, but it could still use some work to bring it into true compliance (I am now a Board member with the same organization - and I no longer have to sit in that office!). :-)

There are certain rooms in our home that are higher in EMFs than others. We purchased a few Stetzerizers, which are gadgets that plug into outlets in houses and help balance and re-distribute the EMFs. I learned the importance, especially, of having these in the bedroom. Both my doctor and acupuncturist echoed the literature on this.... when we are sleeping our bodies are at their most vulnerable, energetically. We want our sleeping space to be as EMF-free as possible.

The other change we have made is to build an office behind our house for our computer, printer, fax, etc. I want the EMF-soup out of the house altogether, or at least as much as possible. We can't live without electricity very well in this day and age, but there are safe levels and un-safe levels, and I feel much better in a space that has low EMFs.

Just thought I would share in case it's something that resonates with you. I don't live in fear and I don't wish to instill fear-thinking in anyone. It's not about being afraid, it's about being informed and then taking whatever actions are needed to create a healthy environment for ourselves. Everyone is different and has their own needs.

I wish you wonderful health and unbridled joy on your journey. Thanks for checking in and following the blog.

Sukie

No comments:

Post a Comment